Thank you to those who have donated to Phase 1 of our project. Most donations have been from friends, family and colleagues of the late Tessa Tennant. See donor tributes to Tessa here.
Make a Pledge
To make a corporate, charitable or individual pledge, please contact email@example.com.
Based on projects of a similar nature, total costs are expected to be in the region of £330,000 to take us to the launch in 2020.
A Phased Fundraising Approach
To ensure the success of this project, we are phasing project activities and costs based on pledges received from our fundraising activities.
- Phase 1: Following the launch in June 2018, we have raised some £50,000 from friends, family and colleagues of the late Tessa Tennant. Donations have paid for public art consultants Modus Operandi to advise us on artist selection and a design competition from a long to a short list of artists. We have also done numerous feasibility studies on sites in the City of London and this phase has also paid for communications, project management and fundraising.
- Phase 2: The second phase of the project will cost about £280,000 and once we have this amount pledged, we will then formally commission the artist. These funds will cover the artist fees and associated costs such as materials, installation, maintenance, insurance, surveying and planning applications. It will also cover project management, communications, fundraising and unveiling costs.
- We expect the timeline for Phase 2 to be as follows:
- April or May 2019: Proposal will be sent to the City Arts Initiative and others for their approval and all planning permissions will be sought
- August 2019: The sculptor will be commissioned upon receipt of pledges for £280,000
- Unveiling in 2020.
Support this Project
The financial and philanthropic sectors are leading sponsors of the arts and this initiative is a unique and creative way to reach new audiences and inspire the financial transition to a zero carbon and sustainable future.
If you choose to support this project, you will help deliver a first-of-its-kind project that will become an enduring symbol of the green finance movement itself and a global mark of excellence. A legacy that will last into future generations.
If you would like a copy of our fundraising proposal and budget, please contact Ciara Shannon.