A committee comprising leading green finance, sustainability and art experts has been established to take the project forward.
The intention is that a well-known or emerging artist will be commissioned early 2019, following an invited competition of shortlisted artists.
Over the course of this project, there will be various fundraising and awareness-raising events.
Location – City of London
We are in the process of doing initial feasibilities on numerous locations in the City of London for the sculpture to be sited permanently. We’ve had positive initial interest from the Archdeaconry of London and the City of London Corporation.
- In August 2018, working with public realm art curators Modus Operandi – a long list of artists was compiled by them.
- Towards the end of 2018, once we know where it may be possible (based on initial feasibilities) to site the permanent scultpureand short-listed artists will be invited to send a design proposal to us and the winning artist will be selected.
- In February 2019, we expect to send the winning artist proposal to the City Arts Initiative for their approval and get all required planning permissions.
- We will commission the sculptor to start work once we have the site fully approved and received corporate pledges.
- We expect that the sculpture will be completed towards the end of 2020. The realisation of the sculpture will be exemplary in terms of environmental sustainability.